Islamabad:January 26:Federal Directorate of Education (FDE) has named the under construction Federal College for Women I -14 after the IT genius Arfa Karim.
FDE DG Atif Kyani confirmed that the proposal to name the women college after Arfa Karim has been approved. “80 per cent of the construction work of the college has been completed while the rest of the 20 per cent would be completed within two months,” he said.
He said that the college would particularly focus on the IT related subjects. “We want our women to focus on IT subjects too,” he said.
He said that the college would start functioning within few months. “It would be the only state-of-the-art IT facility for the women only,” he said.The news.