Author Topic: Islami Jamiat-i-Talaba urges govt to lift ban on student unions  (Read 3306 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Islami Jamiat-i-Talaba urges govt to lift ban on student unions
« on: February 10, 2020, 10:19:34 AM »
Islami Jamiat-i-Talaba urges govt to lift ban on student unions
PESHAWAR:10 February: Islami Jamiat-i-Talaba (IJT) provincial head Shakeel Ahmad has demanded the government to lift ban on student unions.

Through a statement in connection with the February 9, the day on which student unions were banned in 1984 during Zia regime, he said that it was the blackest day in the history of the country when the students were deprived of their democratic right. Shakeel said that the student unions perform the role of nurseries for national politics as it was the right forum from where capable and competent leadership was trained and produced to serve the country.

“Unfortunately, those nurseries were closed down and thus sanity disappeared from the political arena,” he went on to add.

He said a constitutional right of of union was being denied to the students. "It is a matter of serious concern that five political parties have come into power since the ban on the student unions but none of them tried to restore the unions," he maintained. He urged the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf government to immediately lift the ban and announce date for elections of the student unions.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"