Author Topic: An Unexpected Holiday for Kids  (Read 605 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
An Unexpected Holiday for Kids
« on: September 12, 2013, 09:36:39 AM »
An Unexpected Holiday for Kids
Karachi : September 12 : An hour after schools began on Wednesday, parents were back to take their children home.
The arrest of a former lawmaker of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement changed the course of the day.
Reports of mobs torching vehicles in the city panicked parents as well as the managements of schools.
The parents arrived at 9am, and by 11am, the building was empty,” said Hajrah Salman, a teacher at a private school in Gulshan-e-Iqbal.
There have been several attacks near schools in the city and criminals do not even hesitate from firing gunshots or hurling grenades at children.

A recent attack on a community centre of Ismailis near the Aga Khan School in Karimabad sparked fear among students.

“Most of the 40 people injured in the attack were students at the Aga Khan School. Therefore every time there are rumours of an outbreak of violence, we shut down the school,” said a teacher there requesting anonymity.

A parent who had picked up his five year-old son from a school in Malir said all shops near his house were shut down in seconds and filling stations forcibly closed.

“I could not even buy diapers for my nine-month-old son and groceries. Of course as a parent I became worried for the safety of my son at school,” said Bilal Ahmed.
The All Private School Management Association and other bodies of private school owners announced the closure of schools keeping in view the situation in the city.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"