Author Topic: COMSATS University ranked 5th best in Pakistan  (Read 1314 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
COMSATS University ranked 5th best in Pakistan
« on: April 09, 2019, 10:49:13 AM »
COMSATS University ranked 5th best in Pakistan
Islamabad:09 April: Times Higher Education (THE) University Impact Rankings 2019 has ranked COMSATS University Islamabad at the position of 301+ in the recently released overall rankings and among top 5 in Pakistan.

The result is based on CUI’s scaled performance on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 17 - Partnership for the Goals, and its top three SDGs i.e. SDG 8 Decent Work and Economic Growth (ranked 101-200); SDG 11 Sustainable Cities and Communities (ranked 201+); and SDG 3 Good Health and Wellbeing (ranked 301+). In addition, CUI has also been ranked in three more SDGs i.e. SDG 9 Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure (ranked 201-300), SDG 13 Climate Action (ranked 201+), and SDG 16 Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions (ranked 201+).

Rector CUI, Prof. Dr. Raheel Qamar, congratulated the CUI family for achievement. In his congratulatory message, the Rector CUI emphasised the importance of Sustainable Development Goals to achieve a better and more sustainable future for everyone while making a positive impact on Pakistan. THE University Impact Rankings is THE’s pioneering initiative to recognise universities across the world for their social and economic impact, based on the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals. Being among the inaugural participants of this initiative, the rankings mark the CUI as a global pioneer demonstrating commitment not to just supporting Sustainable Development Goals though its teaching, research and knowledge transfer but also for embodying the goals in institution’s internal practices, policies and procedures.

The new ranking is focused on university impact by using internationally recognised Sustainable Development Goals as a framework to explore the real impact that higher education is having on society.The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"

Offline Mohammad umer ikram

• My Points +0/-0
    • tutoria.pk
Re: COMSATS University ranked 5th best in Pakistan
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2020, 11:17:12 AM »
Thanks for this informative post.