Author Topic: Karachi Univeristy degree results delayed  (Read 1355 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
Karachi Univeristy degree results delayed
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:01:13 AM »
Karachi Univeristy degree results delayed
Karachi:A large number of prospective candidates hoping to apply to various disciplines in the Evening Programme, University of Karachi’s (KU) may miss the deadline for the submission of admission forms owing to delay in the declaration of results of degree examinations by the university.

KU had set June 09, 2010 as the last date for submitting admission applications for various degree and diploma courses of the evening programme. However, the results of BA, B.Com and B.Sc Annual Examinations, 2009 have not been declared despite that the fact that the exams were held in December, 2009.

Talking to The News, candidates and parents have complained that the university authorities were not allowing the students to submit admission applications and sit in the aptitude test. Fearing a backlash from KU, the aggrieved parents and students requested anonymity. “This is an injustice towards the students and the governor of Sindh, being the chancellor of KU, should take immediate action in this regard. Priority is given to regular students as per practice in vogue at KU and all other public and private universities, however, now the same regular students are being victimised.”

These students have already been forced to waste five to six months awaiting announcement of their results. If, these students were not given a chance to take admission at KU then one year would be wasted, a worried father expressed his concern.

“I paid a handsome amount to a private institute so that my son would get admission in his desired department. However, his result has not been declared yet owing to which my son can not submit the form,” another affected father said.

According to a student hoping to enroll in the Economics and Finance programme, he was unable to submit his form as the result has not been announced. “There is no clause in the admission booklet which barred us from applying if we are waiting for our results,” he claimed.

“Whenever we contact the officials at KU, they give new dates for the announcement of results but, in the end no result has been announced yet,” another student said. According to another student, university should announced previous results before declaring any fresh admission.

When contacted about the issue, Director, Directorate of Evening Programme, Professor Dr Abuzar Wajidi said that the university would entertain the students who are waiting for their results. “There are some requirements that must be fulfilled. If we find the record(s) of any applicant in a tabulation department, then we would offer him a conditional admission after verifying his credentials,” Dr Wajidi assured. However, he refused to comment as to why the results were delayed. The news