Author Topic: London calling Pakistani students to study in UK  (Read 7253 times)

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study
London calling Pakistani students to study in UK
« on: May 28, 2010, 03:17:53 PM »
London calling Pakistani students to study in UK

KARACHI: At least 500 students aspiring to study abroad attended the open day session of the London Metropolitan University at Marriott hotel on Wednesday.

The university held on-thespot interviews and conducted briefings on visa applications and other procedures. The open day was organised by the international regional head office of the university in Lahore and was attended by parents and agents as well. Mark Bickerton, the director of student recruitment and international development London, addressed the audience while regional director Faisal Hasan and manager operations Seema Khan were also present.

Bickerton explained that the university is a merger between two universities, London North University and London Guildhall University, which took place in 2002. “We offer high quality education on campus and try to have international students to create a multi-cultural environment,” he said. He appreciated the talent of Pakistani students and said that some of them had achieved really good results. Bickerton hoped that Pakistani graduates from his university will help improve human resource standards in the country. The university has 14 departments with a total of 36,000 students and they have so far enrolled 6,000 international students from 160 countries.

According to the university’s database, almost 200 students from Pakistan attend the London Metropolitan University every year and among them 60 per cent are from Karachi. University officials said that they receive around 2,000 applications from Pakistan every year out of which 600 are offered admissions by the regional directorate of the university. “The offer is initially conditional and when the conditions are met then it automatically becomes a regular offer,” said the operations manager.

Khan said that they guide the students throughout the visa process and inform them about life in the UK. “One-third of those who get admissions make it to the UK,” she added. The office bearers in Lahore make frequent visits to Karachi, Islamabad and other cities for interviews and for visa briefings to facilitate the students. Most Pakistani students opt for programmes on business studies, according to the university administration. “Some of them are also opting for computing, food sciences and international human resource management,” Khan explained. A 21-year-old aspiring student, Hina Kamal, told The Express Tribune that she was interested in a postgraduate course in information technology. “I have completed my bachelors degree from Karachi University and now I want to go to the UK for higher education,” she said.

“One of my cousins went to the same university and has advised me to take admission here.” London Metropolitan University, located in Central London, has 245 undergraduate courses and 160 post graduate courses. The fee for the undergraduate programme is 9,600 pounds per year while that for the post graduate programme varies from 9,900 to 12, 100 pounds. The university has started a scholarship of 1,000 pounds to all its students from this academic year.Published in the Express Tribune, May 27th, 2010.

Offline rafiqahmed

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Re: London calling Pakistani students to study in UK
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 09:52:47 AM »
Hi AKBAR the article was informative, i would like to tell about a website which i came across when i was searching for universities in abroad  courses for pakistani , the website was all about Pakistani students reviewing about their personal experience they faced studying abroad hope this will be helpful for pakstudy members.

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 02:46:02 PM »
Thank you
but then are no information about "study abroad" on this website
are you spammer??

Offline rafiqahmed

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 10:40:29 AM »
Hi imran, The post is all about studying in UK that the reason i wrote that comment.

Offline rafiqahmed

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 10:25:20 AM »
I think students must be more careful in choosing the study abroad educational consultants.
Before approaching the consultancy confirm with your friends about the Consultants whether r they genuine, Get advice from the students studying in abroad, there are some websites in which you can see students studying abroad say about their personal experience and reviews about the university and consultants like www.hgrcourses.com.pk and before all this be very clear and specific about he Program that you are going to pick.

Offline rafiqahmed

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »
I dono how the link has got changed  ???

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 06:52:43 PM »
What are you joking :D :D :D
NO Link of your web is Working 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline wacconsultants

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
  • Study Abroad Consultants and IELTS Training Cente
    • WAC Consultants - Study abroad in UK, US, Australia, Germany
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 12:03:14 PM »
I see that Study in UK topic is quite old now and no recent discussion or information on it is available. There are several universities offering scholarships to Pakistani students and we are helping our students to get admission in UK with scholarships. We'll soon be open new threads and share useful info for the students.
Study abroad in UK, US, Australia, Germany & IELTS Training Center in Lahore

www.WACconsultants.com