Author Topic: M.Sc. Agricultural Extension  (Read 1987 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
M.Sc. Agricultural Extension
« on: March 25, 2009, 06:50:10 PM »
M.Sc. Agricultural Extension
Introduction:

Agriculture is the principal occupation and source of livelihood of great majority of rural population of the country and it is the basic and largest component of our economy in terms of production, output, employment, and export earnings.

For agricultural development in the country, strong linkages amongst institution building, human resource development, and technology transfer are very important. The technology transfer being a continuous process cannot possibly take place in a vacuum. It needs to be done in a well-organized system of Agri. Extension where role of the scientist, the extension agent, and the farmer are all too important. The scientist must develop better yielding varieties and breeds of crops and animals, the extension agent must, on his part, equip himself with better and effective methods to convince the farmer of the product's utilitarian importance. Once convinced, the farmer will certainly adopt innovations for his own economic betterment.

The Allama Iqbal Open University being concerned with the education part of the Agri. Extension ystem has therefore decided to initiate Master degree level courses in Agri. Extension for enhancing the knowledge and skill of the extension agents/ workers already working in the field.
Admission Requirement:

Candidates possessing B.Sc(Hons) Agricultural Scinces/Animal Husbandry/DVM degree equivalent to grade C (not less then 2.5 CGPA) will be eligible for admission.
Selection Process:

a) Admission to new students will be given only once a year. b) Application for admission will be invited through national press. c) Applications will be received on prescribed application forms. d) Selection of the candidates in MSc (Hons) Agricultural Extension program will be made strictly on the basis of merit against a limited number of seats. e) Only selected candidates will be informed about their admission. f) The selected students will be required to pay the dues by the prescribed date. NTS Test will be conducted. Applicants scoring 50% and above marks will be eligible for admission.
Duration:

Two & half years program/Five Semisters
Medium of Instruction:
   English
Teaching Methodology:
   Study Material i.e. Course books and other allied material will be provided by the University
AIOU Credits Required:
   8 Full Credits
Course Required:
   8 Courses

Collaborations:
   · Pakistan Agriculture Research Council · Pakistan Forest Institute, Peshawar · NWFP Agriculture University, Peshawar · University of Agriculture, Faisalabad · University of Arid Agriculture, Rawalpindi · National Center for Rural evelopment, Islamabad · National Rural Support program, Islamabad
Workshop:
   The workshop for a course will be conducted at the end of each semester. Attendance in the workshop will be compulsory.
Thesis:
   1. MSc (Hons) degree shall be awarded on submission of dissertation preferably based upon the original work.
2. The minimum period to complete the thesis after the successful completion of course work will be one year and maximum period shall be three years.
Practical:
   N/A
Viva:
   After completion of course work and thesis
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"

Offline hassan_05

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Re: M.Sc. Agricultural Extension
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 09:55:41 PM »
plz if anyone could let me know where do the workshops held for MSc. agri. extension for Aiou I want to get admission but the problem is nthe workshop region idon't where they took
thanks in advance