Author Topic: Sindh Public Service Commission Karachi candidates left in lurch as officials cl  (Read 4245 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Sindh Public Service Commission Karachi candidates left in lurch as officials clueless about missing admit cards

Karachi:A large number of candidates who registered for the Sindh Public Service Commission Exam (SPSC) for Deputy District Officer (DDO) to be held on Monday have not been issued their admit cards, thus making it improbable for these students to take their exam. The lists displayed at SPSC Karachi office did not include names of several candidates while the official website was not updated either, leaving candidates in the dark about their roll numbers and location of examination centre, The News has learnt.

Dozens of candidates, including a couple of girls, who submitted the fee and the mandatory documents to register for the aforesaid exam, complained that their admit cards were not dispatched to them until Friday. Many of them who visited the SPSC Karachi office were not entertained by the staff and turned away unheard.

I have my exam on Monday but I dont know which one of the four examination centres I have to go to, said Majid Ali, son of Muhammad Rafiq, who submitted his application on October 20, 2008. He further said that he had made several phone calls at the SPSC Karachi office but no one answered, and thus he had to visit the office in person. When I arrived at the office, many other candidates were also present and none of us was given any guidance, he said. No officers were present on their seats despite it being the last day before the commencement of examinations, while the clerical staff had no information regarding our admit cards.

When Divisional Superintendent of Karachi region Abdul Aziz Sheikh was contacted, he said that they had twice issued press releases saying the candidates who had not received their letters by March 22 should contact SPSC Secretary in Hyderabad. Responding to a question, he said that students can still contact the secretary at 022-9200162. When this number was dialed, the automated response voice said that the number is not listed.

When SPSC Controller of Examination was contacted at his office in Hyderabad, he said: If their admit cards were not issued, they can refer to the lists displayed at the Karachi office, and note down their roll numbers and examination centre. These lists are also available at our website. Asked about his website, the controller could not recall it and asked this correspondent to search it. When the website was browsed, it displayed one year old lists of 2008.

While officials from Karachi and Hyderabad tried to place responsibility on each other, candidates suffered a great deal of mental stress and feared they might not be able to take their exam on Monday. The Sindh Government has announced a public holiday on April 4 (Saturday) and Friday was the last working day before the exam. This has left the candidates clueless about whom to contact, and where to take their exam.

The SPSC falls in the jurisdiction of Sindh Chief Minister (CM) Syed Qai Ali Shah, it was learnt. While these candidates were undergoing undue hardships and mental stress, most of the staff at the CM House had left for Larkana to observe the death anniversary of former Pakistan Prime Minister Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"