Author Topic: The Punjab Group of Colleges has refuses roll number slips to 250 students  (Read 3154 times)

Offline گل

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-2
The Punjab Group of Colleges has College refuses roll number slips to 250 students

Lahore: The Punjab Group of Colleges has refused to issue roll number slips to around 250 students, barring them from taking the intermediate annual examination 2008 scheduled to start from May 17, Saturday.

According to the college management, students who did not perform satisfactorily in send-ups or those who failed to take these tests were not allowed to take the board examination.

Majority of the "victims" are students of I Com Part-II and FSc (Pre-Engineering) Part-II.

The college administration's move has created unrest among students and their parents are running from pillar to post to seek 'justice'. Dozens of students and their parents Thursday visited the Punjab Higher Education Department, requesting authorities to look into the matter. They said the Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education (BISE), Lahore, had issued roll number slips but the college management had refused to hand them to students.

Several students said it was unfortunate that the college had refused to issue them roll number slips at a time when exams were scheduled to begin. They said that their academic year was at stake. They said the college administration had told them that they should study and appear in supplementary examinations later.

"Why did the administration send our admissions if it considered we were not ready to take the examination," they said. "We could have taken the examination as private candidates in order to save our academic year had we been duly informed," they said.

A student said admissions were sent on the basis of a student's performance in send-ups. He said it was strange that the college held send-ups after admissions were sent. "We took the exams lightly," he said. "Some students did not turn up in order to save time and prepare for the exams," he said. "It is my right to take the exam as the board has issued my roll number slip to the college," said a student. "It's my fate if I fail or pass the exam," he said.

BISE Controller of Examinations Prof Manzur ul Hassan Niazi said the board could withhold admissions of students whose attendance was short or who show poor results in an education institution's internal examinations. He said an institution had to send a written request 15 days before the exams but the board had not received any request from the Punjab Group of Colleges to withhold students' admissions.

Sohail Afzal, the executive director of the Punjab Group of Colleges, said students were informed at the time of admission that the college administration had a right to withdraw their admissions if they do not take send-ups or perform poorly in the tests. "This is also mentioned in the college bulletin," he said.

He said the college sent admissions of all students before send-ups because the BISE required registration of students by early January. He said the college held two send-ups. He claimed the college only 36 students were not issued roll number slips and rest of the students had been absent since they gained admission to the college.

آپ بھی اپنی رائے دیںPost your comments