Author Topic: Education system needs overhaul: students  (Read 2630 times)

Offline گل

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-2
Education system needs overhaul: students
« on: July 07, 2008, 01:31:15 PM »
Education system needs overhaul: students

Hyderabad: The position holder students of the Secondary School Certificate have called for updating the syllabus of classes IX and X, saying that the existing one does not meet the requirements of modern education.

They said in interviews after announcement of results on Saturday that the government-run educational institutions were in a shambles and teachers, who usually did not turn up in classes, were of no help to students.They called for changing the mode of examination which, they said, should be based on theory and objective questions.

They said teachers needed to be more sincere to their work to make sure that students of government schools could also pass with distinction. Dania Khan was overly excited after she was informed that she had bagged the first position among girls in the BISE examinations.

"Cheating must end and the multiple choice questions mode of examinations alone is no solution because in that case teachers will guide students to file this or that answer," remarked Dania.

Asma Kafeel, who bagged second position was delighted and ascribed her success to parents, her teachers, and her younger brother."It's a gift of God for me and my brother did help me very much," she said.

She called for changes in government-run education system.

Seeratul Urooj shared third position with Dua Mahfooz also underscored the need for overhauling of existing syllabus.

"Cheating must be controlled as it is spoiling future of students," she said.

She complained that adequate facilities should be provided to students in examination halls.

Amir Ali Drigh who secured the third position in Science group with 785 marks said that comparatively O-level studies were tougher than secondary school certificate examination.

Drigh who was highly critical of theory-based examinations said he devoted around six hours daily to his studies and advised his fellow students to do the same.