Author Topic: KU introduce centralised exam system  (Read 1419 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
KU introduce centralised exam system
« on: June 09, 2010, 06:44:39 AM »
KU introduce centralised exam system
Karachi:The University of Karachi (KU) has decided to introduce a centralised system of examination and assessment for the upcoming years. It will be initiated from next year after which all results will be announced within the period of three months, Pro-Vice Chancellor (PVC), KU, Professor Dr Nasiruddin Khan said on Tuesday.

“We are concerned that the students’ career and time should not be affected in any case,” he told the media. Keeping the delay in announcement of B.Com examinations in view, the Directorate of Evening Programme will extend the current date for issuance and submission of admission forms.

“The step is taken to ensure that all the candidates who are awaiting their B.Com results are able to apply for admissions and are not deprived of this opportunity,” PVC Dr Khan said while talking to the journalists at a press conference on June 08 at Karachi University Guest House. The Director of Evening Programme, Professor Dr Abuzar Wajidi along with Controller of Examinations was also present on this occasion.

PVC Dr Khan said that the results of B.A, B.Sc. and B.Com for the year 2009 (regular and private) will be announced within 15 days. He added that the admission forms will be issued and accepted till June 09, 2010 (today) and the classes will commence from July 01, 2010. However, he said, the Directorate of Evening Programme would extend the deadline to facilitate the students who are waiting for their results.

It was made clear that admissions will be granted on merit basis only and all the candidates and their parents/guardians must concentrate on merit alone. As per admission policy of the University, principle of K (Karachi), S (Sindh) and P (Pakistan) categories will be observed in the admission process.

He added that he would meet the local media once in a month to discus the university related issues. This was the first meeting in this regard and recommendations and advises gathered during the briefing would be utilised in future, he said. The news

Offline ashiq512

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Clearing my BA-Part I Economics Paper from KU
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 07:44:48 PM »
Dear Sirs / Collegues
I last appeared in BA exams 1984, I was unable to clear my BA Part-I Economics Paper as I went abroad for empolyment. I came back from abroad in 1993. But I was unable to re-appear in exam as my old Registration card / Marks sheet were misplaced.

Now I have found my misplaced documents I need help guidence from any one at this platform how I can appear in exam to clear my single paper. Is it possuible to sit in upcomming BA suplementary exams.

Thanks and waiting for reply

ASHIQ HUSSAIN  (ashiq512@hotmail.com)

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
Re: KU introduce centralised exam system
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:02:51 PM »

انکل جی
آپ کو یہ بات تو کراچی یونیورسٹی والے ہی بہتر بتا سکتے ہیں۔ جس سنہ کی آپ بات کررہے ہیں۔ اس وقت تو ہم میں سے اکثر پیدا ہی نہیں ہوئے تھے ۔
میری خود پیدائش 1987 کی ہے ۔
آپ کو کراچی یونیورسٹی جاکر معلومات لینی ہوگی ۔