Author Topic: Saudi Arabia closes employment doors for illiterate Pakistanis  (Read 4219 times)

Offline AKBAR

• Editorial board
  • My Points +1/-1
    • pak study
Saudi Arabia closes employment doors for illiterate Pakistanis
« on: October 23, 2008, 08:25:06 PM »
Saudi Arabia closes employment doors for illiterate Pakistanis

Lahore: Saudi Arabia will no longer employ illiterate Pakistanis according to new laws about manpower enforced with immediate effect, Aaj TV reported on Wednesday. The channel quoted a statement issued by the Saudi embassy that Pakistanis who could not read and write would not be allowed to enter Saudi Arabia for employment. The measure had been taken to counter problems created by the illiterate manpower in the country, the statement said. It added that all Pakistani recruiting agencies had also been directed to dispatch applications of all the people wanting to go to Saudi Arabia in line with the new manpower laws. If needed, the applicants could also be tested in Urdu during the scrutiny of their applications, the statement said.

Offline Rohan David

• My Points +0/-0
Re: Saudi Arabia closes employment doors for illiterate Pakistanis
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 05:09:35 PM »
You are right, But if you are well educated then the opportunities are very high. In my case, I did my bachelor of computer science from the University of Wollongong in Dubai and now I'm working as a software engineer.