Author Topic: Toppers admit private tuitions necessary to Surmount Competition  (Read 629 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Toppers admit private tuitions necessary to Surmount Competition
« on: September 13, 2013, 09:49:45 AM »
Toppers admit private tuitions necessary to Surmount Competition
Karachi  :September 13: The results of Higher Secondary School Certificate Part II for Pre-Engineering and General Science groups were announced on Thursday at a ceremony hosted by the Board of Intermediate Education Karachi.
Sitting in the audience was Sindh Colleges Director Nasir Ansar. This time he was attending the ceremony as a parent. His son Zain Nasir of the Adamjee Government Science College secured the second position with 89.6 percent in his Pre-Engineering exams.
The first position was secured by Munazza Khan of the St Lawrence’s Government Girls Degree College with 89.73 percent; and the third position was shared by Rimsha Muhammad Naeem of the BAMM PECHS Government College for Women and Ahsan Adeeb of the Aga Khan Higher Secondary School with 89 percent.

In the General Science results the top three positions went to private colleges: the first position was secured by Mehak Fatima of the NCR-CET College of Emerging Technologies with 85.18 percent; the second position was shared by Nimra Amin of the NCR-CET College of Emerging Technologies and Musfirah Abdullah of the DA Degree College for Women with 84.9 percent; and the third position went to Ayesha Nawab of the DA Degree College for Women with 83.72 percent.

Though there was more or less equal representation of public and private colleges in the top three positions, students from public colleges admitted to taking private tuitions. “For getting a position, tuitions are necessary,” said Munazza Khan. “I took tuitions because there is a lot of competition out there,” said Rimsha Muhammad Naeem.

Meanwhile, Ahsan Adeeb said, “I did not need to take tuitions because our teachers were always present to assist us. That is why I chose a private college. In government colleges I hear my friends complain of teacher absenteeism.”

Earlier, BIEK Chairman Anwar Ahmed Zai said Pakistani students were drifting away from hard sciences towards Commerce. “The total number of students who appear in Pre-Engineering and Pre-Medical exams is less than those who appear in Commerce.”

He appreciated the Centralised Admission Policy, due to which pressure on college principals to allow students who did not fulfil the merit list has been reduced. “The same should be done for attendance of students. Every 10 days principals should e-mail the attendance details of students to the board. This way political pressure on them ahead of exams will reduce.” He warned colleges that were repeatedly giving 0 percent results, and said that in future their registration might be cancelled.

Nasir Ansar said, “The process of education is completed when the triangles drawn by the teachers, students and parents is sharp. One cannot just blame the teachers.” When asked why classrooms at government colleges are overcrowded, he said, “A student who wants to study can study anywhere. We are working to reduce the teacher-student ratio, but for that we need at least five years.” The news.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"