Author Topic: EC, Gomal University put on notice in ‘fake’ degree case  (Read 1139 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
EC, Gomal University put on notice in ‘fake’ degree case
PESHAWAR, July 8: The Peshawar High Court on Thursday put on notice the Election Commission of Pakistan and Gomal University Dera Ismail Khan in a writ petition seeking disqualification of on MPA of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on seats reserved for minorities.
A two-member bench comprising PHC Chief Justice Ejaz Afzal Khan and Justice Pir Liaqat Ali fixed July 15 for next hearing with the direction to the university to produce the relevant record pertaining to the educational qualification of Kishore Kumar, an MPA of the Muttahida Majlis-i-Amal (MMA).
The bench was hearing a writ petition filed by a member of minority community, Rajinder Kumar, requesting the court to declare Mr Kumar disqualified from holding the office of MPA.

The petitioner also requested the court to declare as returned candidate the next person mentioned on the priority list submitted by the MMA to the Election Commission in the 2008 general elections for filling seats reserved for minorities in the provincial assembly.

Advocate Habeeb Qureshi appeared for the petitioner and contended that the said MPA was not a graduate, a precondition for contesting the 2008 general elections. He contended that the said MPA had produced a provisional certificate of graduation, which he did from the Gomal University, D.I. Khan in the year 1999.

Mr Qureshi produced a copy of the result gazette for the same year of Gomal University and pointed out that the MPA appearing in that examination under Roll No 1195 had failed. He pointed out that so far the MPA had not produced his original degree and contested polls on the basis of the said forged provisional certificate.Dawn