Author Topic: Death anniversary Founding VC of Sindh University  (Read 1428 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Death anniversary Founding VC of Sindh University
« on: April 22, 2014, 10:39:06 AM »
Death anniversary Founding VC of Sindh University
Hyderabad:22 April: Speakers paid tributes to the founding vice-chancellor of Sindh University, late Allama I.I.Kazi, at a lecture programme organised on Monday.
They said he was a great exponent of modern Sindhi education. The programme was organised by the university to mark Mr Kazi’s 46th death anniversary.
More programmes relating to his death anniversary would be held till April 27.
The former dean of the faculty of arts and director Allama Ghulam Mustafa Qasmi chair, Prof Dr Qazi Khadim Hussain, said I.I. Kazi was not only the founding VC of the university, he was also exponent of modern Sindhi language.
He said that such seminars and conferences should be organised and relevant chairs should be established.
Sindhi department Chairman Dr Anwar Figar Hakro presented his paper on “Allama I. I. Kazi – a noted philosopher of Islamic world”, pointing out that he had devoted every minute of his life in study and research. He said the late VC had organised All Pakistan Philosophical Congress between March 15 to 18 in 1958 as it was his conviction that Bhittai’s poetry was so rich in ideas to benefit and enlighten people.
He said Kazi always stood for human principles. Allama Kazi was the only thinker of the Islamic world who spoke about eastern and western philosophies.
He observed that he used to be worried about development and progress of education and knowledge.
A scholar of department of Sindhi, Azfar Memon, said Kazi had always struggled for changing overall conditions of Muslims because he was an enlightened Muslim.
Naira Larik, Prof Dr Javed Iqbal, Prof Yousuf Pardesi and Prof Dr Sahar Imdad Hussaini also spoke.Dawn.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"