Author Topic: New building at Sindh University has completed construction opened  (Read 1524 times)

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
New building at Sindh University has completed construction opened

Hyderabad: The Sindh University has completed construction of an additional building comprising four laboratories and classrooms for the Centre for Pure and Applied Geology at Allama I.I. Kazi campus in Jamshoro.

The vice-chancellor of the university, Mazharul Haq Siddiqui, inaugurated the additional block of the centre on Friday.

The vice-chancellor appreciated progress of the centre and said that this centre was one of the best in the country and added that the university had provided maximum facilities for research in the related area to cater to the needs of the country. He congratulated the faculty members and students on having an additional facility of laboratories and classrooms.

Director of the centre Dr Parveen said that the additional block of the centre comprising four labs and classrooms would help facilitate enhanced enrolment in the centre that had gone up from 240 in 2005 to 580 in 2008 while during current academic year enrolment had also increased.

She said that additional block was constructed at a cost of Rs7 million and the amount was saved from the university's mega project funds.

She said that from the savings the centre had also purchased a vehicle for field work for faculty and students. Dawn