Author Topic: Punjab University DHMS Notification and HEC Role  (Read 19350 times)

Offline Dr. MAS

• bis-group
  • Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Punjab University DHMS Notification and HEC Role
« on: January 22, 2009, 10:09:50 AM »
A case was filled to HEC to issue equivalency on four years of Homeopathic Diploma Course conducted by NCH Ministry of Health, Govt of Pakistan.

No Response was given by HEC. Many reminders were given but HEC was not turned up. A delegate met with Attestation and Accreditation Director Javed Khan two times and filled a written request in person. Again no response was given.

The case was then filled at WAFAQI MOHTASIB (Ombudsman) OFFICE. Ombudsman in his order bounded HEC to determine the diploma equivalency just like HEC has provided equivalency to four years of nursing council diploma as equivalent to B.Sc. Wafaqi Mohtasib advised HEC to issue equivalency.

HEC not moved at all. Again a delegate from Gujrat City met with Director A&A Javed Khan and requested to come up with any decision. He said, I will write a letter to all General Universities and will invited comments.

HEC wrote a letter to all general universities of Pakistan and invited suggestions.

When Universities were contacted, the registrars informed that no such letter is received only few said, they have received the letter. Again HEC was contacted and letter was dispatched.

In that response, Punjab University not only forward positive suggestion but also took bold step and issued notification as well which is applicable in the jurisdiction of Punjab University.

Jamshoro University Sindh and Hamdard University Karachi also forwarded positive response and others said, they don’t have homeopathic factulty, therefore they are not in a position to send any proposal. HEC has its own equivalency committee but case was forwarded to them as HEC is bound to provide equivalency according to the HEC ordinance para 10 (O).

“Determine the equivalence and recognition of degrees, diplomas and certificates awarded by institutions within the country and abroad"

Still HEC has not given any response beside many reminders are given and case is pending for the last 12 months.

Now my question is what is the role of HEC?