Author Topic: Dept of English Literature  (Read 2158 times)

Offline sb

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +5/-0
Dept of English Literature
« on: April 11, 2009, 09:42:20 AM »
Dept of English Literature

The Department of English was established in 1989 in the Arts Block at new campus. Keeping in view the paucity of funds and facilities, the University decided to develop this program gradually. Therefore, initially the services of certain number of teachers were acquired by the University on deputation. The Department is supposed to cater basically to the needs of this area but is serving also the N.W.F.P. as well.

Telephone No: : (Fax:) 92-966-
                           (Office:)0966-750424-9(Exchange) Ext.
If you born poor, its not your fault....But if you die poor, its your fault...."Bill Gates"

Offline ayazmardan

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Re: Dept of English Literature
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 08:01:57 AM »
This is the place where I stayed for two years and had company of very good friend. At that time DIK was at its peak as well the campus. After my departure in 2000 lot of changes and developments have taken place but I miss hostel 2,3,4 without boundary walls, calmness in the city and heroism of students. I don't mean it has plunged into something unwanted, but still it was my past is dear to me. English department despite the unduly humble introduction has prospered. Some of the faculty members will soon return to join department with PhD/MPhil degrees.