Author Topic: ALTERNATIVE TO URDU/ENGLISH (COMPULSORY)  (Read 2685 times)

Offline گل

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-2
ALTERNATIVE TO URDU/ENGLISH (COMPULSORY)
« on: May 20, 2008, 10:41:26 AM »
ALTERNATIVE TO URDU/ENGLISH (COMPULSORY)

5.1   Alternative to Urdu (compulsory) and English (compulsory) at SSC level
a.   English literature in lieu of Urdu compulsory paper-I and Urdu Salees in lieu of Urdu compulsory paper-II will be offered to the following categories of students who have not passed class 8th examination with Urdu compulsory from any Pakistani school:
(1)   Pakistani national who remained abroad for a continuous period of three years or more immediately before seeking admission in class 8th or in case of private candidate before submitting the examination form to the Board.
(2)   Pakistani whose mother is of foreign origin.
Note:   The period for stay abroad will be counted at the time of submission of admission form in case of private candidate.
b.   Geography of Pakistan in lieu of Urdu compulsory I & II along with English literature I & II in lieu of English compulsory will be offered to the following categories of students:
(1)   Foreign national who has studied under British / American or similar system of education.
(2)   Pakistani national who remained abroad for a continuous period of five years or more and studied under British/American or similar system of education.
c.   Geography of Pakistan in lieu of Urdu compulsory I & II along with English Compulsory-I & II will be offered to the following categories of students:
(1)   Foreign national who has not studied under British /American or similar system of education.
(2)   Pakistani national who remained abroad for continuous period of five years or more and did not study under British/ American or similar system of education.
Note:    Facility of alternative subjects given to a candidate at SSC level will be extendable at HSSC level in the same category without any administrative approval and fee.

5.2   Alternative to Urdu (compulsory) and English (compulsory) at HSSC level
a.   Urdu Salees in lieu of Urdu compulsory - I and Pakistani Culture - II in lieu of Urdu compulsory-II will be offered to the following categories of students:
(1)   A candidate availing combination under rule 5.1 a. (1) at SSC level.
(2)   Pakistani national while staying abroad for a continuous period of  three years or more before seeking admission in class-11th or in case of private candidate immediately before submitting the examination form to the Board.
b.      Pakistani Culture I & II in lieu of Urdu compulsory -I & II along with English advance -I & II in lieu of English compulsory-I & II will be offered to the following categories of students:
(1)      Foreign national who has studied under British / American or similar system of education.
(2)   Pakistani national who has studied under British / American or similar system of education and stayed abroad for a continuous period of five years or more immediately before seeking admission in class 11th or in case of private candidate immediately before submitting the examination form to the Board.
c.   Pakistani Culture - I & II in lieu of Urdu compulsory-l & II along with English compulsory- I & II will be offered to the following categories of students:
(1)      Foreign national who has not studied under British/American or similar system of education.
(2)   Pakistani national who has not studied under British /American or similar system of education and their stay abroad is more than five years before seeking admission in class-11th or in case of private candidate immediately before submitting the examination form to the Board.

5.3   A candidate coming from any other Board after qualifying the HSSC part-l exam with the combinations as mentioned against a., b. and c. shall be permitted to appear in the remaining papers by offering the same combination of the above mentioned subjects as offered by him in the HSSC part -I exams of the relevant Board and that the result of HSSC part I examination will be added to the result of his examination taken under the auspices of the Board.

Note:   Chairman is empowered to decide the cases not covered under the rules containing in this chapter.