Author Topic: Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute Entry test  (Read 6864 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute Entry test
« on: July 03, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute Entry test
SWABI, July 3: Prof Dr Fazal Ahmad Khalid, Pro-Rector (academic) and convener of the admission committee of the Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences and Technology said on Saturday over 5,400 candidates from all over the
country would appear in the entry test of undergraduate programmes on Sunday (today).

He said the entry test centres had been established at Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Peshawar, Quetta and Multan.

He said more than 20 per cent of the selected students were provided financial assistance by the GIK Institute on merit-cum-need basis, adding, 20 scholarships were offered to students of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab 10 and Balochistan two.

Offline sarajamil

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Re: Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute Entry test
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 05:13:29 PM »
Preparing for entry tests is challenging especially for GIKI and NUST that have more conceptual papers. I appeared in the entry test for both the universities and passed with the faculty of my choice for both. A few lessons from my experience I would like to share here,

1) Follow your FSc books and try to grasp all concepts in the book. Going beyond the books might be useful but not that much.
2) Practice is key. Practice as many MCQs as you can. I found the website http://pakprep.com very useful for practicing MCQs.
3) I did not find academies very helpful. Long lectures leave you braindead in the end. Better practice MCQs from good sources.
4) Do mock tests before the exam. Mock tests have same format as of the actual test and gives you the best practice. Again http://pakprep.com has mock tests for both GIKI and NUST. I would strongly recommend doing those before the exams.
5) Relax before the exam, try your best and leave it to Allah for success.

Good luck for your test preparation.