Author Topic: Summer vacation controversies and more  (Read 1213 times)

Offline fizza bano

• Good Member Group
  • My Points +1/-0
Summer vacation controversies and more
« on: June 07, 2010, 09:18:31 AM »
Summer vacation controversies and more
LIKE every year issues related to summer vacation in educational institutions remained controversial among stakeholders -- school education department, teachers, private schools’ managements and parents – as the government allowed summer camps in private as well as public sector schools after announcing an unprecedented over 100-day academic break.

As the weather grew hotter by the end of May and it became harder for schoolchildren to stay in their classrooms, the demand for announcing summer vacation swelled.

With a view to open schools and colleges after the fasting month of Ramazan, the Punjab government unilaterally decided to announce summer vacation from June 1 till August 15. The decision drew a strong reaction from public as well as private sector for the longer duration of vacation.

In the wake of two weekly holidays and other vacation, the critics deplored the drastic reduction in academic year, saying it would have a negative bearing on students’ learning. The private sector out-rightly refused to follow the government’s schedule and announced they would go for vacation from June 15.

Realising that the study days had been reduced considerably, the government in an unprecedented move, allowed all private as well as public sector schools to hold “free” summer camps. The government also instructed the schools to hold summer camps for students of Class-V, VIII, IX and X, who would be going for board examinations.

The permission for holding summer camps added to problems of the parents who were sending their children to schools by private vans. In many cases, the van owners, who charge full fee during summer vacation as well, have simply refused to continue the service for the summer camps. Most parents say they would not be able send their children to schools for the purpose. But at the same time they feel their children will miss the extra studies and other activities to be held at these summer camps.Nation

Offline hamzahumair

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Re: Summer vacation controversies and more
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 11:29:32 AM »
Hi!Iam Hamza Please send me summer vication work for grade 6th.My child is in grade 6th.
Tahnks,
HamzaHumair.

Offline iram

• Editorial board
  • My Points +16/-3
Re: Summer vacation controversies and more
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2010, 11:35:05 AM »
کتاب کے تمام سیاہ الفاظ کو یاد کرنا ہیں

all black words in Book remember

;D ;D