Author Topic: Job Winning Interview Questions students must see .  (Read 5757 times)

Offline jonymaan

• Primary Group
  • My Points +0/-0
Job Winning Interview Questions students must see .
« on: October 06, 2009, 07:27:07 PM »
Job Winning Interview Questions
more question and interview complete preparation visit http://studysols.com/category/interviews/jobs-guide/
1.Why do you feel you can be successful in this position?
A fairly open-ended question, this provides an opportunity for applicant to demonstrate a sense of excitement and challenge. The response will give the interviewer key information on applicant’s drive and self-confidence in relation to this position.

Analysis:

OK Answer: “I don’t know; I am pretty good at most things I do. If I get offered this job and decide to take it I’m sure I could rise to the occasion. I’ve always been successful in the past”.

Evaluation: It may sound acceptable, but it is lacking in several ways. First, the language is weak. Phrases such as “I don’t know” and “pretty good” do not reflect the sort of aggressiveness required to break into the best companies. Further, lumping this position with everything else the applicant has done dilute the person’s success and real enthusiasm for this particular position. Finally, the suggestion that the applicant might not take the position once offered also reflects a lack of enthusiasm.

Winning Answer: “Given my history, this is the perfect position at this point in my career. I have been studying this field and watching your organization for several years in anticipation of such an opportunity. I have the requisite skills [tell a brief story to prove it]. I am in a perfect position to take this job and really run with it”.

Evaluation: This is a strong response because it tells the interviewer the applicant has both the skill and the knowledge to do the job. The story illustrating the applicant’s skill reinforces the initial statement. Finally, the applicant’s intention to “run with it” supports the desired enthusiasm and aggressiveness.

2. What is your greatest strength and weakness, and how will these affect your performance here?

Analysis: The biggest danger with this question is that it is really two questions in one, plus a follow-up. The two pitfalls are not taking the part about strengths seriously enough, and taking the part about weaknesses too seriously. Remember, your responses will not only inform the interviewer of your assets and liabilities but also present a broad view of your values and your sense of self-worth.

OK Answer: In terms of strengths, I really can’t pinpoint one thing that stands out. I think my skills are pretty well rounded. As far as weaknesses go, I guess I get bored if a project drags on too long.

Evaluation: The biggest problem with this response is that the applicant essentially refuses to answer the first part of the question. The response to the second part hints at a potential lack of enthusiasm. Finally, the responses to the first two parts of the question leave the applicant with little chance for a respectable response to the third point.

Winning Answer: In terms of strengths, I believe my greatest asset is that I have a highly organized mind, capable of creating order out of confusion. My greatest weakness perhaps is that I have little patience for people who don’t value the same sense of order that I do. I believe my organizational skills can help this organization achieve its goals more quickly, and that my appreciation of streamlining complex problems can sometimes rub off on my coworkers.

Evaluation: This response does three important things. It clearly identifies the applicant’s greatest strength. It identifies a weakness that really could just as easily be perceived as a strength. Finally, it points out the benefits of the applicant’s strength and weakness to the organization and to other employees.

3. For job advancement, would you consider further education?

Analysis: This is a simple question designed to gauge your ambition and see if your level of investment in your future dictates an investment in you by the company.

OK Answer: I don’t know; I’ve got my B.A. in management and I think I got a pretty good education. I think real world experience is far more valuable than anything you learn in school.

Evaluation: Although this response attempts to show the applicant in a positive light and indirectly to flatter the interviewer (who is part of the “real world”), it speaks poorly of applicant’s willingness to improve. Consequently, applicant conveys, at best, a lack of ambition and, at worst, arrogance.

Winning Answer: I learned a lot as an undergraduate and would certainly consider an advanced degree for the right reasons. I’d want to be careful though; I think a lot of people go back to school for the wrong reasons. If I feel that I am doing the work that I really value and I need more education to excel in that field then I won’t hesitate at all.

Evaluation: This response shows ambition, enthusiasm, and drive. It also shows that the applicant has a discriminating mind and is careful about making major career decision.

4.How do you go about influencing someone to accept your ideas?

Analysis: Your answer will tell the interviewer, first, how comfortable you are with the notion of influencing others, and second, how able you are at influencing.

OK Answer: I usually depend on the value of the idea. If it’s a good idea and the people I’m dealing with are reasonable, I generally don’t have much trouble getting my ideas accepted.

Evaluation: This response does not address the real problem, which is how you deal with people who don’t think your ideal is good. It suggests that you are willing to work in a pleasant situation, but not in a discordant one.

Wining Answer: That’s something I have worked very hard on over the years. At some point I realized that good ideas, even great ideas, sometimes don’t get accepted. I now appreciate the fact that the way you present an idea is just as important as the idea itself. When trying to influence people I usually try to put myself in their position and think about their perspective. I’m then able to present thoughts to them in a way more likely to succeed.

Evaluation: This answer demonstrates your appreciation of the complexity of interpersonal communication and the difficulty in getting others to change their minds. It conveys an understanding of the importance of strategy when influencing someone and articulates a reasoned approach. Finally, you demonstrate an understanding of the importance of form as well as substance when communicating under difficult circumstances.

5.How should supervisors and subordinates interact?

Analysis: This question is designed to discover applicant’s approach to communication in the organizational hierarchy. The response is likely to indicate an applicant’s level of skill in a potentially complex area.

OK Answer: I like to think that we can be friends. After all if you’re going to work closely with someone you might as well get to know that person. That way everyone understands each other and you can avoid a lot of unnecessary conflict.

Evaluation: The worst thing about this answer is that it shows a high level of immaturity. Everyone knows that “conflict” is an inevitable part of the working life. The notion that creating close friendship can simplify things shows a real lack of understanding of the relationship between work and personal boundaries.

Winning Answer: I believe clear communication throughout the hierarchy of an organization is critical to the company’s success and well being. I’d like to think I’ve developed good strong skills in that area. In terms of superior-subordinate relationships, I think it’s most important to realize that each person and each relationship is different. The best approach for me is to begin with no assumptions and see how the relationship evolves.

Evaluation: This answer indicates an understanding of the complexity of interpersonal communication and the diversity of human relationships. Applicant clearly articulates the importance of strong communication skills and conveys confidence in this area.

6.How would you be described by a close friend?

Analysis: This question is designed to shed some light on an applicant’s character. It’s one those questions that seems to have nothing to do with an applicant’s potential, but it reflects a trend in business for hiring people with high personal standards as well as strong skills.

OK Answer: I think people would say I’m a fun person to be with. The best way to describe me is I like to work hard and play hard.

Evaluation: Although this response may sound entirely positive to some of you, it raises several problems. First, it does not answer the question, leaving interviewer wondering whether applicant has any chose relationships.

Winning Answer: My friends are very important to me. The most important aspect of my relationship with them is the sense that we can rely on each other. We’re all very busy so there are times we don’t meet often. With the few people I would call close friends; what counts is knowing that we are there for each other.

Evaluation: This response reflects a sense of maturity, so much a concern in today’s corporate world. Applicant’s commitment to high standards and to a few key people suggests that the individual is well balanced.

Their are many guide and question on main site which mention above and below and also many jobs guide available also waiting you.

For more jobs question and answers please consults
http://studysols.com/2009/01/job-winning-interview-questions/